- Department: Operations
- Location: CareerSource Broward 2890 W. Cypress Creek Rd., Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
- Job Code: 597
- Date Posted: Wed, 1 Jul 2020 9:26pm
- Employment Status: Full-time
- Exemption Status: Exempt
- Salary: $96,367- $100,000 yearly (Hiring range - salary dependent on education and experience)
- Monitor and analyze the Region’s overall performance against established standards and ensure that staff provide appropriate technical assistance to improve performance.
- Monitor and evaluate specific program performance; oversee the development and implementation of corrective action plans as appropriate to ensure that all required workforce development services are provided in accordance with Federal and State regulations as well as Board directives.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of the Operations Department through appropriate department staff. Supervise, evaluate and oversee the activities of managers and other personnel involved in CSBD programs.
- Direct the planning and development of workforce development programs, including the analysis of occupational projections and participant needs.
- Oversee the development of specifications for specialized provider proposals, coordinate the recommendation of service providers and participate in negotiations and contracting procedures.
- Direct and oversee activities in preparation for lay committees ensuring that agendas are prepared, minutes are taken and transcribed and disbursed, as well as facilitating meetings and ensuring that committee goals and objectives are aligned with the agency’s goals and objectives.
- Oversee the review, analysis, and responses to monitoring audits and evaluations conducted by a variety of agencies and other parties to ensure the quality and continuity of programs and services to participants.
- Review staff operations and concerns on a daily basis. Answer questions and resolve problems.
- Respond to requests for information from a wide variety of individuals, groups, organizations, and governmental entities.
- Coordinates the activities of staff in the writing of contracts, contract modifications and a variety of other documents.
- Coordinate the preparation, tracking and administration of budgets for the Agency. Work closely with the Sr. Vice President of Finance and other management personnel to track budget variances and implement corrective action plans.
- Keeps current with all federal and state policies and regulations regarding a variety of CSBD administered programs, including WIOA, WTP, Veterans and others delivered through the Career Centers and specialized providers.
- Coordinate and act as liaison with a variety of organizations, contractors and agencies.
- Attend and participate in meetings with a wide variety of individuals, organizations, agencies, and governmental entities including the facilitation of Board Committees.
- Oversee and approve all departmental purchases in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
- Participate in the agency’s hiring process by serving on screening and interview panels as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in agency’s quality improvement initiatives by continually focusing on strategic planning and improving customer service.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
- A Bachelors degree in business administration, public administration, social services or a related field is required. Masters degree in business administration, public administration or a related field is preferred. Position requires a minimum of two years experience in administration or management in workforce development or a related field. A relevant combination of experience and specialized training may be substituted for the workforce development experience.
- Prior experience working with and staffing a lay committee that involves preparing agendas, facilitating meetings, taking and disseminating meeting minutes and ensuring that committee goals and objectives are aligned with the agency’s goals and objectives is also preferred.
- Incumbent must be experienced in and demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills as the position requires significant report writing and public speaking responsibilities.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and possess extensive Word and Excel skills, possess the ability to utilize state workforce development databases and possess the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research and obtain data.
- Position requires: in depth knowledge of WIOA, WTP, Wagner-Peyser and other workforce development regulations and laws; the ability to analyze data, draw valid conclusions, problem solve and understand complex situations; the ability to prepare budgets and follow generally accepted accounting principles.
- Must be able to use administrative principles and practices including goal setting, strategic planning, program development, implementation, evaluation and management of employees.
- Individual must possess a valid Florida driver’s license and have access to reliable transportation.
CareerSource Broward provides necessary reasonable accommodation in the interview process upon request to persons with disabilities. Such requests must be made PRIOR to any scheduled interview.
A valid paper social security card and a government issued photo I.D. are required at the time of selection interview.