Help For Hospitality Workers
COVID-19 has impacted many aspects of the South Florida economy, including those who work or were employed in the hospitality industry. That's why CareerSource Broward has collaborated with several community and business partners to assist Broward County hospitality workers whose employment has been severely impacted by the pandemic. Below are a list of initiatives and services designed to help individuals get back to work and/or access support services.
CareerSource Broward COVID-19 Dislocated Worker Program
Broward County Residents who have lost their job due to COVID-19 may be eligible to participate in CareerSource Broward's COVID-19 Dislocated Worker Program. The program provides temporary employment (up to 4 months) for workers affected by the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
Disaster relief employment jobs will focus on providing cleanup activities at public facilities and can also include positions that deal with moving, storing, and distributing food, medicine, and other supplies, along with assessing the needs and providing assistance to individuals affected by the pandemic and more.
**Additional information about the employment program, including eligibility requirements and how to get started, can be found by clicking the button below.**
Reemployment Assistance / Unemployment Claims
Florida's Reemployment Assistance (RA) benefits, formerly known as unemployment compensation, are available to Floridians who have been negatively impacted as a result of the ongoing coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic. Eligible Floridians include individuals who have lost their job through no fault of their own; laid off or sent home without pay for an extended period by their employer; are quarantined by a medical professional or a government agency; or caring for an immediate family member who is diagnosed with COVID-19. Click here to view a list of frequently asked questions before you begin your application process.
How Do I Apply
- Individuals can apply for reemployment assistance benefits by visiting the state's new user-friendly website at www.floridajobs.org/raapplication.
- You can also print an application online (available in English, Spanish and Creole) by clicking here.
- If you do not have access to a printer, copies of the application can be picked up at one of CareerSource Broward's three career center locations Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Please note that paper applications may take longer to process than completing an online application. Paper applications can be mailed to: Florida Department of Economic Opportunity P.O. Box 5350 Tallahassee, FL 32314-5350
- RA benefits are administered by the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity and NOT CareerSource Broward. For specific questions about unemployment benefits, call 1 (833) 352-7759.