Whether they sit behind a cash register, stand at the ready on the car lot or walk customers through a brick and mortor store, retail sales workers are the face of many businesses. With more people employed in this industry than in nearly any other job in the nation, retail offers workers the chance to learn skills that are essential for almost any workplace.
8,201Jobs in 2018 (est.)
Exploring Careers In This Industry
- Sales Managers: Plan, direct, or coordinate the actual distribution or movement of a product or service to the customer. Coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals and establish training programs for sales representatives.
- Retail Salespersons: Plan, direct, or coordinate activities of an organization or department that provides lodging, hotel stays, vacation rentals and other accommodations.
- Loss Prevention Managers: Direct policies, procedures, or systems to prevent the loss of assets. Determine risk exposure or potential liability, and develop risk control measures
- Tellers: Receive and pay out money. Keep records of money and negotiable instruments involved in a financial institution's various transactions.
- Customer Service Representative: Interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve complaints.
- Stock Clerks, Sales Floor: Receive, store, and issue sales floor merchandise. Stock shelves, racks, cases, bins, and tables with merchandise and arrange merchandise displays to attract customers. May periodically take physical count of stock or check and mark merchandise.
- Interested in working in the retail industry? CareerSource Broward has several training programs that can help kick-start your career. We even offer scholarships that can save you up to $12,000 toward your education and career training. Click the button below to learn more.
Connecting Employers With Talent
According to Visit Florida, nearly 124 million people visited Florida in 2018, meaning more jobs will be needed to support tourist. Check out how CareerSource Broward can assist your retail business with its hiring and training needs.
Want More Information?
If your retail-related business is in need of financial assistance for recruiting and/or employee training, contact Auvernia Molina at (954) 202-3830, ext. 3037, or by email at [email protected].